Well, what can I say. I managed to submit my theme just in time (in it’s current state) however it’s far from finished 🙁 …too much work, not enough play.
Theme is tested in Safari, Firefox and IE6 Win (currently a small issue with IE5.5).
h3. Main features
- Safari search field (and a mimicked version for other browsers).
- A little calendar icon next to each post.
- Lightweight design i.e. divs and images kept to a minimum (although there are few extra divs for fluid).
- Fixed and Fluid designs (a couple of people beat me to it on this one).
- Ruby red colour scheme to depict Typo’s origins.
I had a shed load of features that should have made it into the entry, just didn’t leave myself enough time.
I also had bleached and mint versions of the same theme in the pipeline which looked 100 times better however I ran out of time. These obviously won’t make it into the comp however if anyone is interested, let me know.
h3. What have I leaned from this?
Rounded corners ==+== fluid layout ==+== hatching + vertical gradient= absolute nightmare!! Why? …two words “Internet Explorer”.
I generally don’t like using extra markup for layout however it is necessary for fluid + rounded corner layouts. That I can like with, it’s the fact that 80% of the time spent on this theme was used on workarounds for IE and it’s lack of proper transparent png support.