Is anyone else having problems with Typo 4.1 taking ages to process new comments. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them (If you can be bothered to wait for the comment to go through!)
TheLucid Typo theme finally works with version 4.1 of Typo.
Please bear in mind that this is quick-fix and and there will still be a Version 2 release sometime in the near future.
The new release can be downloaded below:
There are a couple of improvements such as cookies remembering which colour scheme and layout have been selected along with some IE fixes.
Thanks to everyone who notified me of browser issues etc. and I hope to release v2.0 as soon as possible (for both Typo and Mephisto).
I’ve been putting off upgrading Typo for a while now (due to lack of time). This blog is now running on -3.99.4- 4.0 (missed the update by 2 hours!).
I have added a temporary fix to “TheLucid Typo theme”:/typo_themes/lucid.zip however keep a lookout for the new version coming soon as promised.
Please reply to this post with any features you would like to see in the next theme release.
h3. A few amends to the lucid theme:
* I’ve added a little colour scheme switcher (purely for the purposes of demonstrating the theme with different colours).
* I have added a minty scheme as requested by “Thomas Aylott”:http://subtlegradient.com. Also there is a bleached version, which is basically the theme stripped of most images and colour.
* There is now a transparent search panel which slides down with the results.
Please note that the colour picker is experimental and is only intended to show the theme with different schemes. When the comp. is finished, I will release the schemes separately.
* Comment styling.
* Cookie getting and setting for fixed/fluid layouts.
* General tidy up.
Time is once again an issue, feel free to make suggestions and I will try to incorporate them as and when I get the time.
p.s. try viewing the theme with images off.
Well, what can I say. I managed to submit my theme just in time (in it’s current state) however it’s far from finished 🙁 …too much work, not enough play.
Theme is tested in Safari, Firefox and IE6 Win (currently a small issue with IE5.5).
h3. Main features
* Safari search field (and a mimicked version for other browsers).
* A little calendar icon next to each post.
* Lightweight design i.e. divs and images kept to a minimum (although there are few extra divs for fluid).
* Fixed and Fluid designs (a couple of people beat me to it on this one).
* Ruby red colour scheme to depict Typo’s origins.
I had a shed load of features that should have made it into the entry, just didn’t leave myself enough time.
I also had bleached and mint versions of the same theme in the pipeline which looked 100 times better however I ran out of time. These obviously won’t make it into the comp however if anyone is interested, let me know.
h3. What have I leaned from this?
Rounded corners ==+== fluid layout ==+== hatching + vertical gradient= absolute nightmare!! Why? …two words “Internet Explorer”.
I generally don’t like using extra markup for layout however it is necessary for fluid + rounded corner layouts. That I can like with, it’s the fact that 80% of the time spent on this theme was used on workarounds for IE and it’s lack of proper transparent png support.