Well, what can I say. I managed to submit my theme just in time (in it’s current state) however it’s far from finished …too much work, not enough play.
Theme is tested in Safari, Firefox and IE6 Win (currently a small issue with IE5.5).
h3. Main features
* Safari search field (and a mimicked version for other browsers).
* A little calendar icon next to each post.
* Lightweight design i.e. divs and images kept to a minimum (although there are few extra divs for fluid).
* Fixed and Fluid designs (a couple of people beat me to it on this one).
* Ruby red colour scheme to depict Typo’s origins.
I had a shed load of features that should have made it into the entry, just didn’t leave myself enough time.
I also had bleached and mint versions of the same theme in the pipeline which looked 100 times better however I ran out of time. These obviously won’t make it into the comp however if anyone is interested, let me know.
h3. What have I leaned from this?
Rounded corners ==+== fluid layout ==+== hatching + vertical gradient= absolute nightmare!! Why? …two words “Internet Explorer”.
I generally don’t like using extra markup for layout however it is necessary for fluid + rounded corner layouts. That I can like with, it’s the fact that 80% of the time spent on this theme was used on workarounds for IE and it’s lack of proper transparent png support.